Saturday, January 12, 2019



Jackson Family Pictures

Among my mother’s things, I found 3 wonderful pictures of the Jackson family, but they are almost useless, since I have no idea who the people are.  I can identify my mom and dad, myself and my brother, but no one else.  These are professional pictures, taken by a photographer in Manitou Springs, Colorado.  There are Christmas decorations on the wall, so likely taken at a family Christmas party.  I am most likely just over a year old, so the pictures would have been taken in December of 1949 (maybe 1950).  I have some vague memory of a Christmas party at my father’s cousins, so I assume that these are Jacksons.   I would love to be able to identify these people and would appreciate anyone who knows who they are to please contact me with the information.
I have scanned the pictures and numbered all the people in them.  I didn’t make any attempt to give the same numbers to the same people in each picture, so each person may have 3 different numbers.

Picture Number One seems to be couples with their children:

 In picture number one, my father, Floyd Dana, is #12, my mother Estella is #6, my brother is #17, and #18 is me, Linda Dana.  I pity my mother having to deal with me!

Picture Number Two is all women and mostly female children:

In picture number two, my mother Estella Dana is #11 and I am #12

Picture Number Three is all men and boys, no babies:

In picture number three, my father, Floyd Dana is #10 and my brother is #18.

I'm really hoping that someone (s) can help identify these people as they are great pictures, and would mean a lot to the family if we know who they are!  Thanks for your help.

©Linda C Robinson 2019


1 comment:

Linda said...

Picture #3 Person #7 is Jesse Jackson (1888-1951). Picture #2 person #8 is Beatrice M Turner Jackson (1887-1969). Picture #1 person #15, and picture #2 person #18 MAY be Caroline Jackson, daughter of Jesse Benjamin Jackson and Mary Louise Koemuth.